People usually prefer treadmills for home use as they don’t have enough time to go the nearest gym or joggers park just to have a 15 minute walk.
However, not everyone can afford expensive treadmills that are used in the Gym centers and it is also not really necessary to buy those commercial treadmills unless you’re an athlete who is competing for National or International sports.
The normal home use treadmills are more than enough to get yourself fit and healthy.
The below listed treadmills are best for weight loss and heart health through interval training. They can simulate the experience of jogging or running outdoors and can give you the perfect cardio workout without having to leave your home.
There are several top treadmill brands in India that manufacture affordable treadmills with decent specifications. Before going ahead, do go through the buyer’s guide once. If you’ve joint pains, then it is recommended to opt for the stationary exercise cycle over the treadmills as they’ll reduce the strain on your joints.
List of Best Treadmills under 20000 in India
1. Cockatoo CTM-04 Series Home Use Treadmill with Massager
Cockatoo (CSPL) is a Pvt Ltd Indian Sports equipment manufacturer that has its registered office in Jalandhar, Punjab. The brand has become synonymous in the sports industry, mainly because of their product quality and after sales support.
The Cockatoo CTM-04 Series is a multi-function treadmill that comes with a powerful inbuilt massager, which helps tone and relax your muscles after a good running session.
It comes with a high DC motor support of 1.5 HP to 2 HP peak, which makes it powerful for heavy runners as well.
The max user weight it supports is up to 90 kgs (for walking) and 70 kgs for running.
To increase the intensity of your workout, there is a 3-level manual incline feature.
You can also fold the treadmill to save space, when not in use.
- Display Screen: 5 inches
- Motor Capacity: 1.5 to 2 HP Peak
- Speed Range: 14 KMPH
- Programs: 12 Preset workout modes
- Incline: Manual, 3 Levels
- Extras: Inbuilt Massager, Foldable, Transportation Wheels, USB Support, AUX support, Bottle Holder, Heart Rate Monitor
- Max Weight: 90 Kgs
- Treadmill Weight: 42 Kgs
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty on Motor & Parts; 3 Years on the Frame
- Easy to Install, Foldup and Move
- Lightweight and Powerful Motor
- Free 10 day replacement guarantee
- Good after sales support
- Power cable is a bit short and you might have to use a extension cord if the power socket is far from the treadmill. Should have given a lengthy one.
If you don’t want the inbuilt massager, then you can also go for the Cockatoo CTM-05 Series Home Treadmill that has similar features but comes with a lower price tag.
2. PowerMax Fitness TDM-98 (4.0HP Peak) Motorized Treadmill
PowerMax Fitness is India’s most popular fitness equipment brand at the moment. They’re into exercise and wellness products for both home use and commercial gyms.
They’re mainly known for their heavy duty quality products with amazing features at budget prices, which is the reason why you see their treadmills, exercise cycles and ellipticals a lot in the GYM centers.
The Powermax TDM-97 and TDM 98 series treadmills are powered by a 3 HP and 3.5 HP continuous DC motor respectively with 4 HP peak and is ideal for beginner to medium level runners.
It comes with 12 preset workout programs and has speeds up to 10 km/h. There is no incline option on this machine.
There is a 5.5 inch LED display that displays the metrics like speed, distance, calories, heart rate etc…
It has quality mp3 speakers with Aux input.
The maximum weight capacity of this treadmill is 100 kg.
There is a warranty of 3 years on motor, 1 year on parts & labor and lifetime on frame.
- 5.5″ LED Display
- 3.5 HP Continuous GREEN efficient DC Motor (4 HP peak)
- Speed Range: 1.0 to 10 km/h
- No Incline option
- Pulse Sensor on Hand Rail
- Running Surface: 43.3X15.7 Inches
- 12 Preset Workout Programs
- Max User Capacity: 100 kg
- Item Weight: 30 Kgs
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Sturdy build quality
- Anti-skid running belt
- Easy to install and move
- 100 kg weight support
- Not suitable for heavy runners.
3. Lifelong FitPro LLTM09 (2.5 HP Peak) Manual Incline Treadmill
If you’re looking for a best budget treadmill under 20000 price range, then the Lifelong FitPro LLTM09 is just for you.
With amazing positive customer ratings and 10 days replacement facility, this indoor treadmill is definitely worth your money.
There is a 2.5HP motor that facilitates speeds up to 10 KMPH and thanks to the Comfort Cell Cushioning technology with 8 rubber pads below the running deck, you don’t have to worry about damaging your joints.
There are also wheels for easy transportation of the treadmill machine from one room to another without any additional help.
Do note that you need a 1000 VA stabilizer to use this treadmill to prevent the machine from any sudden power fluctuations.
- 2.5 HP DC Motor
- Speed Range: 1 to 12 kmph
- Built-in Heart Rate Sensor
- Incline: Manual
- 12 Preset Workout Programs
- Running Surface: 1100 x 400 mm
- Item Weight: 31 kg
- Max User Weight: 100 kg
- Warranty: 3 Years on Motor, 1 Year on Parts & Labour + Lifetime on Frame
- Amazing build quality
- Anti slip running belt and rubber pads for shock absorption
- 100 kg user weight support
- USB Music player with volume button
- Only two level height adjustable
4. Durafit Serene Home Use Treadmill with 3 HP Peak Motor
Durafit is an Indian fitness equipement brand started by Antony Anand, an alumnus of IIM-Ahmendabad. The company is located in Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu.
If you’re looking for a treadmill with extremely sturdy built quality in 20000 budget, then the Durafit Serne treadmill is just for you.
This foldable treadmill is powered by 3 HP continuous DC motor with speeds up to 10 Km/h and comes with heart rate monitoring feature.
It comes with PWM digital concept control option with LCD display that shows heart rate, time, calories, distance, speed etc… along with 12 preset programs for cardio and weight loss.
The maximum weight it can carry is 110 kgs.
You’ll get 1 year of warranty on the motor.
- 3Hp Continuous DC Motor
- Digital Concept Pwm Control
- Speed Range: 1 to 10 kmph
- Incline: No
- 12 Preset Workout Programs
- Running Surface: 1050 x 380 mm
- Item Weight: 25 kg
- Max User Weight: 110 kg
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty
- Lightest and Excellent Build Quality
- 110 Kg max user weight
- Less noisy compared to other treadmills
- Easy transportation with wheels
- No incline option
- No speakers
- No HR monitor
5. Sparnod Fitness STH-1200 Motorized Treadmill
This is one of the highly and most positive rated treadmill on Amazon in the Rs.20000 price bracket.
The Sparnod STH-1200 treadmill comes with a 3HP peak DC motor with speeds up to 12 kmph and 12 preset workout modes.
There is a 3 level manual incline that helps you increase height of the treadmill to boost the workout intensity.
It sports a easy to use console that has clear digital display of your workout statistics, USB port & AUX port for playing music, Cup holder, heart rate sensor and many other useful features.
The treadmill also allows user weight up to 100 kgs, which is a good thing for obese people.
- Screen Size: 3″ Digital Display
- Motor Capacity: 1.75 HP (3HP Peak)
- Speed Range: 1 to 12 KMPH
- Incline: Manual; 3 Levels
- Programs: 12 Preset Workouts
- Others: HR Monitor, MP3 Player, Cup Holder, Safety Key
- Running Surface: 44 x 16 inch
- Max User Weight: 100 Kgs
- Item Weight: 30 Kgs
- Less nosily while running
- 100 kgs weight support
- Friendly customer support
- The cord length is short
- Not for heavy running
List of Best Treadmills under 15000 in India
6. Durafit Efficio 2.5 HP Peak DC Motor Treadmill
As we’ve already mentioned above, Durafit is a well-known Indian fitness equipment company popular for their durability.
The Efficio is a compact treadmill that comes without any handles and is good for storage as you can simply move it under your bed when not in use.
It comes with a remote control to handle all the operations. There is an LED display on the front of the treadmill to monitor your progress and view different workout modes.
This space saving treadmill has a wide running surface of 1000 x 375 mm.
- Display: LED screen; Comes with a Remote Control
- Motor: 1.25 HP (2.5HP Peak)
- Speed Range: up to 8 KMPH
- Running Area: 1000 x 375 mm (39 x 15 inches)
- Max User Weight: 100 Kgs
- Item Weight: 16 Kgs
- Warranty: 1 Year
- No Installation Required
- Wide Running Surface
- No Handles; Easy to Store under the bed
- Newbie treadmill users may find it difficult to run without handle support; But, once they’re used to, then it is not an issue.
If you don’t like the idea of running without handles, then you can go for the Durafit Compact Treadmill, that offers similar features but has foldable handles.
7. Lifelong LLTM162 Fit Pro Under Desk Treadmill
This is another great treadmill from Lifelong Fitness Equipement company that is mostly used by work from home people as their under desk treadmill, due to its compact size.
Like the Durafit Efficio and Durafit Compact treadmills, this motorized treadmill can also be easily stored under your bed or workstation when not in use.
You can either use the walking mode (handles folded down) or the running mode (handles litfted for support), depending on your mood.
The 2HP peak motor gives enough stability to the treadmill when you wanted to run on the machine.
The LED display is provided on the front side of the treadmill to monitor your progress and you can run at speeds up to 8 km/hr without any issue.
You can also adjust the settings of your machine using the wireless remote control.
- Display: Wide LED Screen
- Motor Capacity: 2HP Peak
- Speed Range: 8 kmph
- Incline: No
- Max User Weight: 110 Kg
- Item Weight:
- Warranty: 1 Year
- No Installation
- Easy to Store
- Comes with Foldable Handles
- Excellent for Working People with Desk Jobs
- No Incline
- Not for Senior Individuals
If you’re still tight on budget, you can also go for the Cockatoo WP-200 Motorized Treadmill that has the similar features as this one, but comes at a much lower price.
Treadmill Buying Guide India
Here are some basic factors you need to consider before deciding whether a treadmill is right for you or not.
1. Your Workout Requirements
Know what workout style you prefer – Walking, Jogging or Running.
- Manual treadmills are better and more than enough, if you just wanted to walk daily to improve your heart health. They are ideal for simple walking and doesn’t require any electricity to function, which makes them very affordable too. These are also ideal for aged people.
- Motorized Treadmills are recommended if you’re looking for jogging or running at home. They come with more advanced features like incline, speed limit, customizable workout programs, heart rate monitoring etc… So, they’re a little expensive and require power to function. These are ideal for those who’re trying to lose weight or wanted to include high intensity cardio training in their workout regime.
2. Treadmill Motor Capacity and Track Size
If you’re an average individual who weighs up to 90-100 kgs, below are the recommended motors for different needs:
- For Walking – 1.5 CHP or above is ideal
- Jogging – 2.5 CHP or above is perfect
- Running – 3.0 CHP or above is recommended
And, coming to the running surface, below are the recommend track sizes.
- 20” (W) x 55” (L) – Ideal for light joggers/walkers. Not suggested for people who are tall (above 6 feet).
- 20” (W) x 60” (L) – Ideal length for regular walking, running and jogging.
- 22” (W) x 60” (L) – Ideal for pro-runners, sprinters and high incline running.
3. Additional Treadmill Features
A motorized treadmill means you have more features to choose from, such as:
- Auto incline or Manual Incline
- Heart rate monitor
- Built-in workout programs
- Lubrication and
- Other add-ons
Every treadmill also comes with a dashboard with LED display where you can track and monitor all your workout statistics like distance covered, calories burned, time spent and so on…Keep in mind, the Treadmill Prices in India varies from Rs.15,000 to Rs.2,00,000. (Based on the features you choose like the motor horsepower, incline type, capacity and pre-defined workouts etc)
And, in this article, we’ll look at the most popular budget home treadmills you can buy in India in 2023.
Treadmill User FAQs
Which treadmill is best for home use in India under 20000?
The PowerMax Fitness TDM-9x series is the #1 treadmill choice for home runners below 20k budget segment. It comes with amazing build quality, inclination and large weight capacity.
Is it OK to buy treadmills online?
Of-course, yes! You will get the same warranty and after-sales service whether you purchase the treadmill online or offline stores. In fact, you’ll get best deals when you buy from online on sites like Amazon.in and Flipkart.com using the Big Billion Days and Festive Days.
Do treadmills consume a lot of electricity?
A good treadmill consumes around 600 to 700 watts of energy and it varies from one machine to another, depending on how many times you use it and the treadmill’s motor capacity.
Does treadmill help reduce belly fat?
Treadmill workouts are very beneficial in burning excess calories from your body, which also includes your belly area. But, remember that spot reduction is a myth and you can’t lose fat only from a particular part of your body.
Can I plug my treadmill into a regular power outlet?
The standard power outlets that we use in our house support 120 volts, which is OK for our daily-use appliances. But, the manufacturers recommend using a surge suppressor outlet when it comes to powering the treadmills. So, ask your electrician to modify it for you. And, it can be done very easily.
Should I unplug my treadmill when it is not in use?
To answer you without any in-dept details, Yes! you should unplug your treadmill when you’re not using it.
What is the lifespan of a treadmill?
A regularly well maintained treadmill could last up to 10 years on an average.
Why & when should I lubricate the treadmill?
Lubricating the treadmill helps the belt move smoothly without putting additional stress on the motor, which may result in breakdown of the machine.
You should lubricate your treadmill once every 2-3 months, depending on how frequently you use it.
Which brand is best for treadmill for home?
The top 5 treadmill brands in India are PowerMax, Durafit, Lifelong, Cockatoo and Sparnod. There are a few other treadmill manufacturers in the market but as far as home use treadmills are concerned, these are the best brands.
The above mentioned list of the best treadmills in India is formulated only after thorough review and research by our team members for over a month and also based on the verified customer testimonials provided on the ecommerce websites.
And, if you’re still confused over which treadmill is best to choose from under 15000 to 2000 price range, then please feel free to drop your queries in the comments and we’ll guide you to the right treadmill.