The GM diet Day 1 begins with the celebration of fruits.
It is the most crucial day of the diet as most people get deviated and leave the program.
Most fruits are low in calories, high in fiber and water content. Hence, they’re an ideal choice for anyone trying to lose weight faster.
The main reason why fruits are recommended on the GM diet first day is to keep yourself away from unhealthy carbs and get your body adjusted to the detoxification process.
On the first day, you should only eat fruits and nothing else.
However, these fruits should not contain any form of potassium, starch or carbohydrates.
This implies that you should completely avoid Bananas and Mangoes from your diet as your body is subjected to detoxification on the first day itself.
All you can have is fruits and water (8 to 10 glasses per day).
So, it is advised to eat to your heart’s content the night before starting the GM diet 1 week program, so that your body would be packed with enough energy that lasts until the next morning.
You’ll also need to drink a lot of water in order to stay hydrated. It will also stop unnecessary retention of water if the daily requirement of fluids is met.
So, you should practice drinking at least 3 to 4 liters of water daily from as early as 3 to 5 days in advance, in order to get accustomed to the diet plan.
Get enough sleep (min 7 to 8 hours) just a day before you start your GM diet journey. It helps you kick start your diet with a relaxed and peaceful mind.
GM Diet Day 1 Sample Meal Plan
For best weight loss results, it is suggested to eat fruits high in water content as they fill you up very easily without adding many calories.
High water content fruits include – Watermelon, Muskmelon, Apples, Papaya
|8.30 am (Breakfast)||1 Apple + few Strawberries|
|11 am (Morning Snacks)||1 bowl of raw Papaya or Kiwi|
|1 pm (Lunch)||1 bowl of Watermelon|
|4 pm (Afternoon Snacks)||1 glass Coconut water|
|6.30 pm (Dinner)||1 bowl of Muskmelon|
|8 pm (Late Night Snacks)||2 Guava or 1 Pomegranate|
The above mentioned menu is just a sample meal plan for you to get started with the diet easily.
Once you get accustomed to the diet program, you can hatch your own menu using the suggested fruits list.
Let us now see what fruits you can eat on the 1st day of GM diet plan.
- Fruits to Eat – Apple, Oranges, Papaya, Water Melons, Kiwi, Grapes, Pineapple, Strawberries, Pomegranates, Muskmelon, Guava etc…
- Fruits to Avoid – Banana & Mangoes
- Other Foods to Avoid – Everything other than those fruits mentioned above.
- Permitted Beverages – Except plain water and fruit infused water, nothing else is allowed.
Points to be remembered
If you follow the day 1 of GM diet without cheating, you’ll lose a minimum of 1 kg by the next day.
For more effective weight loss results, here are some tips you should follow without fail.
- Don’t pick just 1 or 2 of your favorites. Try to eat different varieties of fruits as they can help you get more antioxidants.
- Citrus fruits should be avoided as the first meal of the day as they may cause acidic reactions in your stomach.
- If you’re bored of drinking water the whole time, then you can replace it with orange juice (2 glasses max per day) and coconut water.
- In case you feel hungry or get cravings in between meals, you can have raisins, oranges and Apple dices.
- You can also drink the wonder soup if you feel more hungry.
- Keep a time gap of minimum 2-3 hours between the big meals for easy digestion.
- To get relief from nausea, you can drink some lemon water with a pinch of salt. Remember not to add honey in it.
- Everyone fails during the first day itself as they can’t control their cravings. But, note that if you pass the first day, then the diet gets easier in the next sessions.
Since you can only fruits on the day 1 of General motors diet program, you can have different fruit salads of your choice from the recommended fruits list.
My personal & favorite recipe is the Easy fruit salad recipe (without cream, honey or sugar dressing).
- First, prepare the orange or lemon juice for dressing. To do so, simply squeeze the orange and lemon juice into a bowl, mix them and keep aside.
- Not, chop your favorite fruits into medium sized pieces. Add watermelon, apple, muskmelon, strawberries, kiwi, pomegranate seeds. The quantity depends on your appetite.
- Mix them together in a bowl using slight pressure, else the fruits may get pureed.
- Now, gently toss the dressing we’ve prepared at the first step on to the chopped fruits and mix well.
That’s it! Your tasty and nutritious fruit salad is ready.
Dates are not allowed on the diet as they’re high in calories and protein.
Yes. You can have the cabbage soup on all days of the GM diet program irrespective of the menu. It is the reason why the diet is also called as the cabbage soup diet.
Guava is rich in calcium, fiber and has more water content, which makes it an ideal choice for GM diet followers. Have it for weight loss as well as improved metabolism.
Yes, grapes are allowed on the diet. They are high in water content and help you lose weight.
Unfortunately, mangoes, though nutritious, are high in calories and can easily make you put on weight. So, as far as the GM diet is concerned, you should better stay away from eating mangoes.
Most fruits are generally low in calories and high in fiber content, which is the reason why most people lose weight on fruit-only diets.
Here is a list of the best fruits for weight loss.
Yes. Pineapple is known for its fat burning properties. It is low in calories and high in fiber. You’ll feel fuller for a long time after consuming a pineapple.
Almost all the dry fruits like Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds etc…are calorie dense foods and hence not allowed during the 7 day diet program.
There is no separate Indian version for day 1 as you’ll be eating just fruits that are found in your local markets.
The main benefit of the GM diet Day 1 plan is to cleanse your digestive system as well as increase your metabolic rate so that you can shed as much weight as possible in the next coming days. Now, it’s time to move on to the Day 2 of GM Diet.