The GM Diet is a 7 day weight loss management process wherein you’ll need to eat only the selected fruits, vegetables and particular amounts of meat.
Although it is a seven day diet plan, the first day is the most crucial part of the diet because it is when most people get deviated and leave the program.
So, if you’ve the dedication then you’ll get successful in losing the excess pounds easily after the completion of the 1 week diet.
The General Motors Diet or GM Diet mainly focuses on eating foods that are rich in fiber and less protein, fat and carbohydrates.
This is the reason why it is also called as fast-paced weight loss regimen, with up to 4 kg weight loss after the first week.
How to Prepare Your Body for GM Diet Day 1?
On the first day, you should only eat fruits and nothing else. However, these fruits should not contain any form of potassium, starch or carbohydrates. This implies that you should completely avoid Bananas from your diet as your body is subject to detoxification on the first day.
All you can have is fruits and water (8 to 10 glasses per day).
So, it is advised to eat whatever you want on the day before your Day 1, so that your body would be packed with enough energy that lasts until the next morning. You’ll also need to drink a lot of water in order to stay hydrated. So, you should better practice drinking lots of water before head in order to get accustomed to the diet plan.
Let us now see what fruits to eat on the first Day of the GM diet.
- Fruits to Eat – Apple, Oranges, Papaya, Water Melons, Kiwi, Grapes, Pineapple, Mango (in limits) and all fruits that you like.
- Fruits to Avoid – Banana
- Other Foods to Avoid – Everything other than those fruits mentioned above.
Sample GM Diet Plan for Day 1
- Breakfast (8.30 to 9 AM): Do have 1 cup of diced Apples + 2 glasses of water. This will keep you get started for the day ahead of you.
- Morning Snack (10.30 to 11 AM): 1 bowl raw Papaya or Kiwi + 2 glasses of water.
- Lunch (12 to 1.30 PM): 1 bowl of Watermelon + 2 glasses of water.
- Mid-noon Snack (4 to 4.30 PM): 1 bowl of raw Papaya or Oranges + 2 glasses of water.
- Evening Snack (6 to 6.30 PM): 1 glass Coconut water.
- Dinner (8 to 9 PM): 1 bowl of Water Melon or Oranges + 2 glasses of water.
Points to be remembered
- If you’re bored of drinking water the whole time, then you can replace it with orange juice (2 glasses max per day) and coconut water.
- In case you feel hungry or get cravings in between the meals, you can have raisins, oranges and Apple dices.
- Everyone fails during the first day itself as they can’t control their cravings. But, note that if you pass the first day, then the diet gets easier in the next sessions.
- To get relief from nausea, you can drink some lemon water with a pinch of salt. Remember not to add honey in it.
The main benefit of the GM diet Day 1 plan is to cleanse your digestive system as well as increase your metabolic rate so that you can shed as much weight as possible in the next diet days. Now, move on to GM Diet Day 2.