First of all, Congratulations for successfully completing the first two days of the GM diet program without cheating.
By now, your sweet cravings and hunger pangs will be reduced and it will be easier for you to handle the day 3 of GM diet.
You will also feel your body much lighter, glow in your face and no headaches whatsoever as you got used to the diet schedule by now.
The GM diet day 3 comprises of both fruits and vegetables, but with some restrictions.
On this day, you’re allowed to eat all varieties of fruits and vegetables in any combination of your choice, excluding the Bananas and Potatoes.
How to Prepare Your Body for Day 3 of GM Diet?
Like you’ve already done, you should have eaten good dinner on day 2.
Eating more energetic vegetables for yesterday’s dinner would give you good energy to start the day 3.
Have a good night’s sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours and when you wake up, try to perform light exercises like Yoga Asanas, Pranayama or breathing exercises and meditation. Doing so will ease your tensions and add additional benefit to your weight loss journey.
Since your body is already used to eating fruits and veggies, the 3rd day of General motors diet would be much easier.
You should also say goodbye to Potatoes on Day 3 because you’ll get the required carbohydrates from the fruit.
Now, your system is fully prepared to shed those excess calories from Day 3 onward. You’ll still have light food cravings on the Day 3 as well but those will be diminished by the time you reach to Day 4.
GM Diet Day 3 Menu
Let us now see what fruits and vegetables you can eat on the 3rd day of GM diet plan.
- Fruits to Eat – Apple, Oranges, Papaya, Water Melons, Kiwi, Grapes, Pineapple, Strawberries, Pomegranates, Muskmelon, Guava etc…
- Fruits to Avoid – Banana & Mangoes
- Vegetables Allowed – Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Carrots, Onions, Green leafy veggies, Cucumber, Avocado, Beetroot etc…
- Veggies not allowed – Potatoes, Green peas, Corn, Lentils, Beans
- Other Foods to Avoid – Everything other than those foods mentioned above.
- Permitted Beverages – Except plain water, cabbage soup and fruit infused water, nothing else is allowed.
Breakfast: You can choose between Apples and Watermelons but remember not to have both at a time. Choose any one.
Lunch: Try to repeat the same lunch plan from Day 2 and mix some fruits to make your stomach happy.
Dinner: You can consume any combination of boiled vegetables which include Lettuce, Broccoli, Carrots, Cucumbers, boiled beets etc… followed up with some fruits like Apple or Melon.
Snacks: You can have tomatoes, fruits, greeny veg stuff all day without any issues. But remember to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day.
GM Diet Day 3 Sample Meal Plan
|GM Diet Day 3||What Foods to Eat?|
|Breakfast @ 8.30 am||1 Apple or 1 cup diced melon|
|Morning Snack @ 11 am||1 bowl of cantaloupe and papaya|
|Lunch @ 1 pm||1 bowl of mixed veg salad (cucumber, lettuce, tomato, ½ boiled beet)|
|Mid-noon Snack @ 4 pm||1 orange or guava|
|Dinner @ 6.30 pm||Boiled broccoli, cauliflower & asparagus with salt & spices|
|Late night Snack @ 8 pm||A small bowl of papaya|
Points to remember
- Never drink fruit juices until Day 7 as they’ll contain more sugar and you don’t need it now.
- At this stage, you’ll already notice that your body has become 3 to 5 pounds lighter which is a positive result of the GM diet.
- Ensure you vary the consumption of fruits and vegetables for getting better results.
- You can either have the wonder soup made with cabbages or the power soup made with tomatoes whenever you feel hungry.
- Don’t eat potatoes on this day as the starch needs of your body will be met by the fruit consumption.
GM Diet Day 3 Recipes
You can have the same recipes you had on the first two days of the GM diet, except potato recipes.
- Easy fruit salad recipe
- Easy vegetable salad recipe
- Tunisian vegetable couscous recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
As we mentioned above, you can have all fruits (except bananas & mangoes) and all vegetables (except potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, corn) on this 3rd day.
No, lentils are not allowed on the GM diet as they’re high in calories, carbs and can make you put on weight. Though a nutritious food, they’re not recommended at least while you’re on this diet.
The GM diet day 3 foods comprises of both carbs and fiber needed for the body for its functioning.
Since all these foods are low in calories and highly nutritious, you’ll be losing a lot of weight due to detoxification.
If you’ve completed the 3rd day of General Motors Diet successfully, then the other days are like 123 for you. Now, head on to the Day 4 of GM Diet, where there is a surprise waiting for you..