A lot of women in India find this special diet plan amusing because it helps them to lose extra pounds in less time without major alterations in their current food habits.
The Indian version of the GM Diet doesn’t vary too much from the westernized or the normal version except for the consumption of beef on the Day 5 and 6 of the diet. So, we’ve altered the GM diet for Indians who either hate beef or vegetarian.
GM Diet Indian Version for Vegetarians
- Day 1: Eat all varieties of fruits except bananas. Should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Day 2: Eat all varieties of vegetables including potatoes. You can have the GM diet wonder soup for lunch and dinner.
- Day 3: Combination of fruits and Vegetables. No Potatoes or Bananas on this day. Minimum 10-12 glasses of water.
- Day 4: Bananas and Milk. You can have skim milk and bananas for breakfast and midday snacks while the wonder soup for lunch and dinner.
- Day 5: Brown rice, Tomatoes and curd. You can substitute beef with either soybean curd or a cup of brown rice or even a cup of cheese (paneer). For meals, you should include tomatoes with cucumbers.
- Day 6: Brown rice and vegetables. NO potatoes on this day too.
- Day 7: Brown rice, fruits and vegetables. You can have 2 cups of brown rice with vegetables and fruits. Apart from 8 to 10 glasses of water, you can also have some fruit juices for breakfast and mid-morning snack.
GM Diet for Non-Vegetarians Who Don’t Eat BeefThe diet for non-vegetarians is same as vegetarians except that you can substitute beef with chicken or roasted turkey.
Moong Dhal and Channa Dhal Kosambari Recipe
- ¼ cup Channa Dhal & ¼ cup Yellow Split Moong Dhal (both these should be soaked for 3 hours and then drained)
- 2 medium sized carrots (grated)
- 1 medium size cucumber (peel the outside layer and chop it into small pieces)
- 1 table spoon of coriander (chopped small)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 green chili peppers (also chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ginger (grated)
- For seasoning - Salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl and then add salt, pepper to taste. Keep it in a refrigerator and have it whenever you're hungry.
For the full list of Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian recipes, browse through our GM Diet Recipes section.