Are you trying to lose weight? Then, you should first know that, no matter how hard you workout in the GYM, without a proper diet, you can’t shed weight. Even the experts suggest that eating a well balanced diet along with proper workouts will help you lose weight naturally, that too without any side effects. To get started, here is a list of foods that promote weight loss.
If you carefully look at any weight loss diet plan like the GM diet or Mediterranean diet, the soups have a very special role. Well, even the studies have proved that you get a very low amount of energy (calories) from the soups when compared to the solid foods. It is also demonstrated that consuming a soup before each meal helps in consuming 20% less calories in the meal. Since, they’re liquid foods, you feel full after drinking a bowl of soup, thus cutting your appetite drastically.
Healthy Soups for Weight Loss (Recipes)
Earlier, we’ve seen different soup recipes like – Cabbage soup, Tomato soup, Chicken & Mushroom soup, etc… And today, in this article, I’ll be sharing a few more super healthy soup recipes for those who’re trying to lose weight.
#1.Chicken Sausages and Kidney Bean Soup
This particular soup is very good for people who’re trying to lose weight naturally. It contains chicken pieces and kidney beans, both are rich in proteins.
Kidney beans – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
Chopped Onion – 1 large
Ghee or Butter – 2 tbsp
Tomatoes – 2 large
Water or Chicken Stock – 2 cups
Garlic cloves – 3 or 4
Garam masala – optional
1 chopped Green chilli
Salt and Red chilli powder – as required
Chicken & Kidney Bean Soup Preparation:
- First, pressure cook the soaked kidney beans with a bit of salt.
- Take a non-stick pan > add 2 tbsp of ghee/butter and fry the chicken sausages with salt and red chilli powder (as needed).
- Remove the sausages into a bowl and in the same pan, add the chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, garlic cloves and garam masala. You can add a bit of salt to taste.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked well, add 2 cups of chicken stock or water in the pan.
- While boiling, add kidney beans in the pan and let it cook for a while.
- Once everything is mixed well, take the mixture into a bowl and let it cool.
- Once the kidney bean mixture is cooled, churn it using a mixer grinder.
- Finally, add the chicken sausages to the mixture and have the soup.
This special chicken and kidney bean soup will make you full for hours for sure. Try it.
#2.Cabbage Soup Recipe
The cabbage soup aka wonder soup (as the GM diet followers call it) is one of the best low card soups for weight loss. The soup is very easy to prepare and takes less than 15 minutes to serve. Consuming the cabbage soup for a week along with the suggested foods will help you lose around 5 to 7 kilos of weight.
Cabbage – 1/2 piece (chopped)
Onion – 2 tbsp (diced)
Carrot – 1
Tomato – 1
Garlic cloves – 1 or 2
Salt and pepper – as required
Sprouts – optional
Cabbage Soup Preparation:
Add all the chopped ingredients into a pressure cooker and pour enough water & fill up to the mark of the ingredients. Add salt, pepper and some sprouts to taste. Leave the cooker on for 3 whistles and then switch off the stove. After another 5 minutes, open the cooker and serve hot.
#3.Chicken and Mushroom Soup Recipe
This low carb chicken mushroom soup is very healthy and fills you up very easily.
Skinless Chicken – 100 grams
Mushrooms – 1 cup sliced
Spring Onions – 2 tbsp chopped
Garlic cloves -1 tbsp chopped
Ginger, green chilli, salt and pepper to taste
Water – 2 to 3 cups
Chicken & Mushroom Soup Preparation:
- Add the water in a pan and heat it until lukewarm.
- Then, add the skinless chicken pieces into the pan and cook on a low frame with the lid covered for at least 7 minutes.
- Now, remove the lid and add the remaining ingredients (except mushrooms & spring onions) along with a bit of salt and cook it on a low frame for another 7 minutes.
- Next, add the mushrooms and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once done, use the spring onions to garnish the soup and serve hot. You can also use pepper for additional taste.
#4.Broccoli and Mushroom Soup Recipe
Broccoli is a very healthy and nutritious food, while the mushrooms are one of the best low-calorie foods that is eaten either cooked or raw form. Now, let us see the recipe of a soup that is made with Broccoli and Mushrooms.
Broccoli – 1 cup (chopped)
Mushrooms – 1 cup (sliced)
Onions – 1 (chopped)
Garlic cloves – 5
Olive oil – 1 1/2 tspn
Water – 3 or 4 cups
Salt and pepper to taste
Mushroom and Broccoli Soup Recipe:
- Take a pan > add 1 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and fry the onions and garlic cloves until they turn golden brown.
- Next, add the chopped broccoli, stir it and cook it on a medium flame with lid on for 2 minutes.
- Later, add the mushrooms, stir it by adding a bit of salt and leave it for another 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now, pour the water into the pan and cook on high flame for another minute.
- After that, leave the pan on the SIM flame for 15 minutes.
- When done, serve the soup hot with some pepper to add taste.
#5.Egg, Chicken and Cabbage Soup
The egg and chicken are the richest sources of protein, while the cabbage is one of the popular low-calorie foods. So, let us find out how to prepare a delicious soup using these ingredients for healthy weight loss.
Skinless Chicken – 150 grams (cut into pieces)
Cabbage – 1/2 slice (whole veggie cut into half and then shredded)
Garlic cloves – 2 or 3 (chopped)
Eggs – 1
Spring Onions – 1 (chopped)
Capsicum – 1/2 (chopped)
Green chillies – 2 (small ones)
Water – 1/2 liter
Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken, Egg and Cabbage Soup Preparation:
- Add the washed chicken pieces in a pressure cooker along with 500 ml of water.
- Cook on a medium flame until you hear 2 whistles.
- Next, take a non-stick pan (a hollow pot would be better) and shift the boiled chicken pieces into the pot along with the water.
- Use a wooden spoon and smash the chicken pieces to make them into tiny layers (it is optional).
- Now, add green chilli, garlic cloves, salt & pepper, chopped onions, capsicum, stir, and cook the mixture on a high flame with lid-on for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add the cabbage and a bit of salt (as required), stir, and cook it on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add the egg into the soup, and cook it on a low flame for about 2 minutes.
That’s all! Take the soup into a bowl and serve hot. Please note that this soup serves 2 people.
V.IMPORTANT: Do not re-boil or refrigerate the soup once cooked as it will degrade the benefits of the healthy weight loss soup. So, make sure to prepare enough content and have it immediately.
For better results, you can have these soups either before the meal or instead of the meal. Both ways, it helps you cut down the calories in half. A few people prefer to have these healthy soups before and after a strenuous workout session. Enjoy the soupy sessions and lead a healthy lifestyle.