Are you trying to lose weight through the 7 days GM diet program? Then you should know a few basics about the General Motors diet routine. You basically have to eat prescribed meals every day for 1 week without fail in order to lose weight naturally. On an average, the dieters lose around 10 to 15 pounds within a week without any exercise. However, the end result (lbs) depends on several factors like your lifestyle and health profile.
Thanks to the prerequisite that you only have to eat a selected type of foods during this diet, it doesn’t cost you much. So, it is very important to plan your diet based on the suggested foods in order to achieve successful weight loss results. Therefore, it is advised to stock your refrigerator with all the necessary ingredients for GM diet in advance for the whole week.
In this article, I’d be sharing the complete grocery list of food items that you would need during the General Motors diet.
GM Diet Grocery List
Fruits: Day 1, 3 & 7
You can eat almost all types of fruits on the GM diet, but with an exception of Bananas on the Day 1 & 3. You can have them on the Day 4, which is the Banana & Milk day. If possible, try to get organic fruits for better health.
List of fruits that can be eaten during the 7 day diet include
- Watermelon – Highly recommended due to its water content which makes you feel satiated without filling in calories.
- Apple – High in dietary fiber and Vitamin C.
- Orange – Low in calories and help in speeding up weight loss.
- Pears – Rich in water content and also helps in reducing blood pressure.
- Papaya – It is called the ‘fruit of the angels’ by Christopher Columbus. Very good for digestion.
- Grapes – Nutritious and also decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality.
- Mango – Should be limited to a single fruit per day as it contains more calories.
- Banana – It should be eaten only on the day 4. Try to avoid it on the remaining days for best results.
Do note that fruit juices should be consumed only on the seventh day.
Vegetables: Day 2, 3, 6 & 7
Vegetables are rich in fiber and vitamins. They are low in calories, but will keep you full for a longer time. You can either have them raw or cooked. Below is a list of fruits that can be eaten during the 1 week diet program.
- Broccoli – highly nutritious; rich in Vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- Cabbage – very low in calories but rich in fiber content and Vitamin C.
- Cauliflower – contains less calories, but is rich in proteins, fiber, vit C, Calcium, B-6 and Magnesium.
- Cucumber – The best friend for those who’re trying to lose weight. High in water content.
- Beetroot – Good for increasing RBC and also rich in vitamins and proteins.
- Carrots – High in Vitamin A and low in calories.
- Tomatoes – Less caloric but rich in Vitamins A & C.
- Spinach & other greens – Rich in iron content.
Here are a few other foods that can be used to improve the taste of your recipes – Onions, Lemon, Capsicum and Red Chilies. You may sprinkle some rock salt and pepper on the salads or in the vegetable soups.
Diary: Day 4
On the fourth day of the GM diet plan, you can have the milk and bananas. However, it is suggested to use the skimmed milk for best weight loss results.
Meat: Day 5 & 6 (GM Diet for Non-Vegetarians)
If you’re a non-vegetarian, you’ll be eating meat on the fifth and sixth day of the General Motors diet. In that case, you should get the following food items. You can either prepare the Beef/Chicken soup or have the grilled beef/chicken kebab.
- Beef – rich in iron and protein content.
- Chicken – If you can’t eat beef, then you can replace it with Chicken (skinless & boneless).
- Fish – Rich in protein content and a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Should be taken as an alternative to beef or chicken, but not along with them.
Brown Rice: Day 5, 6 & 7 (GM Diet for Vegetarians)
If you’re a vegetarian, then you may replace the meat with brown rice, which is also high in protein, iron and fiber content. Since the white rice contains a lot of carbohydrates, the brown rice is suggested in the diet plan.
You can prepare the brown rice pulao with sprouts as it tastes good that way.
Beverages: All Days
The only beverages that are allowed during the General Motors diet program are water, black tea or black coffee. Both the black tea & coffee are an excellent source of anti-oxidants and have less calories. However, it is advised to drink them without adding milk, sugar or sweetener.
That’s the end of the GM diet grocery list friends! These are the recommended or allowed foods during the General Motors diet. So, what are you waiting for? Go buy these groceries and stock your refrigerator one week in advance so that you can effectively prepare and execute the diet. All the best 🙂