Note: Hello Friends, I've tried to answer most of the commonly raised queries in the FAQs page. Please go through the topics before asking your doubts.
GM Diet Plan: Diet Chart for Weight Loss in 7 DaysGM Diet Plan is nothing but a simple diet chart for weight loss in 7 days. This weight management diet plan was first developed by the GM (General Motors) Corporation in order to help keep their employees stay fit and healthy. The General Motors Corp is also said to have collaborated with the FDA and US Department of Agriculture to create this diet and the tests were conducted at Johns Hopkins Research Center in the year 1985. This particular GM Motors diet plan involves the consumption of selected foods (rich in proteins sufficient for a human body to survive the whole day), in contrast to weekly schedules. This diet regime actually started as an in-house program within the General Motors Corporation but today it became popular worldwide and is a gift those who’re looking to lose weight without exercise.
Overview (Table of Contents)
- What is GM Diet?
- Effectiveness of the Diet
- GM Diet Preparation
- Alcohol Consumption During the Diet
- Side Effects
- General Motoros Diet Chart (7 Days Meal Plan)
- Are the Results Permanent?
detoxify their body rather than for just weight loss.
According to a recent study, the General Motors 7 days diet chart has been proved to be effective in getting rid of those excess pounds at a much faster rate, i.e. at least 10 pounds (4 Kilos) a week. However, the normal weight loss diets will only help you to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week, which makes the GM diet plan more powerful than the other fad diets.
All this diet includes is raw fruits, raw/boiled vegetables and reduced intake of meat in those 7 days of the diet.
In order to increase the effectiveness of the 1 week diet, the experts suggest that you should supplement your diet with a regular exercise routine which just takes 10 minutes of your daily routine. This is because if you work out for at least 10 minutes every day, then your body’s metabolism would be improved thus letting you shed more weight in the same 7 day span. However, it is only advised to practice low-intensity workouts like the Yoga and lightweight exercises, because you’ll be having less strength (due to low carbs) to perform such strenuous activities while on the low carb diet.
- Excess sweating
- Occasional cravings or feeling of hunger
- Momentary weakness
The above mentioned side effects would be seen on the first day (may be on the 2nd day too in rare cases) of the 7 days diet plan.
The best way to overcome these obstacles is to stay hydrated throughout the day. That said, it is recommended to drink water regularly (at least 8 to 10 glasses per day) in order to overcome cravings as well to boost your metabolism. Drinking water also helps in flushing out the excess toxins or impurities from your body, thereby aiding in additional weight loss (water weight). Those who follow this diet without proper preparation may suffer with the below problems.
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Increase in the body temperatures
- Malaise – General discomfort or uneasiness
Luckily, all these problems can be solved by the intake of adequate water regularly during the diet period.
It is hence suggested to stay away from any alcoholic beverages during your weight loss journey.
- Muscle weakness: This is primarily because there will be a deficiency in the proteins required for the muscle tissues in the first few days. However, this condition will become normal once your system gets used to the nutrients provided by the foods that you consume on the following days.
- Thirst & Dehydration: Like we said in the start of this article, people may feel thirsty and also suffer from dehydration as their fluids will be used by the body in an attempt to foster their metabolism. So, they’re always advised to drink adequate water throughout the day whenever they feel hungry or get thirsty.
- Headaches & Malaise: On the first days (1 and 2), people may experience headaches as well as uneasiness which is mainly because their body is still in the process of getting used to the dietary effects. So, if your main goal is to lose weight, then you should withstand these obstacles in order to achieve your goal.
You can overcome all these or any other side effects of the GM's diet plan by:
- Following the regimen strictly in a continuous order. Don’t cheat the program either by skipping a few days in the middle or replacing the foods with high calorie foods as it may not only give the result you wanted but also make you a few pounds fatter.
- Supplement the diet with a proper lightweight exercise, followed by water intake and finally rest. This would help your body to get accustomed to the new diet at a much faster manner thus avoiding all the above mentioned side effects.
By following our exact diet plan like the way it is defined, you’ll see awesome results. If you’re convinced of the real benefits of this diet, then browse our archives to gain full insights of this diet.
P.S: Cabbage Soup aka Wonder Soup can be had on all the days whenever you feel hungry.
Day 1: All fruits are allowed in unlimited quantities. But, you should avoid Banana on the first day. For best results, try to eat a lot of watermelons.
Day 2: All vegetables are allowed in either cooked or raw form. But, you should have only 1 large potato (boiled) for breakfast. During the rest of the day, it should be avoided completely. Potato will give you enough carbohydrates to survive the day, whereas vegetables provide you with essential nutrients and fiber content.
Day 3: All fruits and vegetables are allowed in unlimited quantities. But, avoid Banana and Potato completely.
Day 4: Bananas and Milk are allowed in limited quantities. You can have 4 large or 6 small bananas and 750 ml of skim milk divided for the whole day. While you get Potassium and Sodium from the Bananas, Milk gives you enough Calcium.
Day 5: GM Vegetarian Diet followers can eat either Brown rice or Tofu or Cheese along with 6 whole tomatoes. While, the Non-vegetarians can eat ½ kg of skinless meat (beef or chicken) and 6 tomatoes. You get Iron and Protein from meat, while Tomatoes provide fiber for digestion. You can also have the Tomato soup aka power soup on this day if you don't like to eat tomatoes raw on the GM Motors diet.
Day 6: You can eat either Brown rice or Tofu or Cheese along with different vegetables (except Potato) on the GM diet veg version. Whereas, the non-vegetarians can eat ½ kg of skinless meat with vegetables (except potato). Avoid Tomatoes on this day.
Day 7: You can eat Brown rice, fruit juice and vegetables (unlimited) on the last day. By this day, you should have flushed out all the impurities from your body completely and will find yourself at least 10 to 17 pounds lighter, if you’ve followed the GM diet plan without any cheating.
So, it is always advised to follow a healthy lifestyle to keep your lost weight from returning (maintaing weight). The best thing you can do is to follow a healthy habit of eating i.e., 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals. Include more physical activates in your lifestyle to burn those extra calories you put on through processed foods.
By following these tips, you can definitely keep your lost weight from coming back. All the best.
By following these tips, you can definitely keep your lost weight from coming back. All the best :)