By following the GM diet, you can easily reduce up to 10 to 17 pounds (4 to 7 KGs) in just 7days naturally. The beauty of this 7 day diet plan is that you shed weight by providing what is necessary for your body to survive. As you follow the diet, it helps you both reducing the weight and the same time help you to cleanse and detoxify your body. There are few enthusiasts who follow this 7 day GM diet once every few months, primarily to cleanse & detoxify their body rather than for just weight loss.
Does the GM Diet Plan Really Work?Over the past few years, the GM diet has become very popular among the people who’re desperately looking to lose weight naturally. However, there are still a few people who question the effectiveness of this diet.
According to a recent study, the General Motors diet has been proved to be effective in getting rid of those excess pounds at a much faster rate, i.e. at least 10 pounds (4 Kilos) a week. However, the normal weight loss diets will only help you to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week which makes the GM diet more powerful to others.
All this diet includes is raw fruits, raw & boiled vegetables and reduced intake of meat in those 7 days.
In order to increase the effectiveness of this diet, the experts suggest that you should supplement your diet with a regular exercise routine which just takes 10 minutes of your daily routine. This is because if you work out for at least 10 minutes every day, then your body’s metabolism would be improved thus letting you shed more weight in the same 7 day span.
How to Prepare for the GM Diet?If you’re looking to reduce excess weight through the GM diet weight loss management regimen, then you should be able to control or withstand few obstacles. They are...
- Excess sweating
- Occasional cravings or feeling of hunger
- Momentary weakness
The best way to overcome these obstacles is to stay hydrated. That means, you’ll have drink water regularly (8-10 glasses per day) in order to overcome cravings as well to boost your metabolism. Those who follow this diet without proper preparation may suffer with the below problems
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Increase in the body temperatures
- Malaise – General discomfort or uneasiness
GM Diet & AlcoholAlcohol intake should be avoided while you’re following this diet regimen. It should be your first in your list while preparing for the GM diet program. The main reason behind avoiding alcohol is that it prevents the effects of your diet from showing up as well as it triggers water retention and so those who ignore this suggestion would end up with the same weight even after dieting for the whole week.
Side Effects of GM Diet PlanAs this is a fast-paced diet plan, the followers of the GM diet will likely to experience conditions such as:
- Muscle weakness – This is primarily because there will be a deficiency in the proteins required for the muscle tissues in the first few days. However, this condition will become normal once your system gets used to the nutrients provided by the foods that you consume on the following days.
- Thirst & Dehydration – Like we said in the start of this article, people may feel thirsty and also suffer from dehydration as their fluids will be used by the body in an attempt to foster their metabolism. So, they’re always advised to drink adequate water throughout the day whenever they feel hungry or get thirsty.
- Headaches & Malaise – On the first days (1 and 2), people may experience headaches as well as uneasiness which is mainly because their body is still in the process of getting used to the dietary effects. So, if your main goal is to lose weight, then you should withstand these obstacles in order to achieve your goal.
- Following the regimen strictly in a continuous order. Don’t cheat the program either by skipping a few days in the middle or replacing the foods with high calorie foods as it may not only give the result you wanted but also make you a few pounds fatter.
- Supplement the diet with a proper exercise, followed by water intake and finally rest. This would help your body to get accustomed to the new diet at a much faster manner thus avoiding all the above mentioned side effects.